We took a taxi to the Euston train station, and boarded at 9:00. We squeezed through the tiny corridor, bodies turned sideways and lots of luggage bumping noisily against the walls on either side. We found Our rooms, me and Claire sharing cabin 16-17, my mom and Sam in 18-19. After my dad had helped us all fit our bags into our rooms, he went to his room, #23. But when he got to bed 23 in car P, there were already people there! Looking at the confusing ticket more closely, my dad realized that he was in a different car than us; car N. But he was back only moments later. Apparently, there was no car O, and my dad was (luckily) in the last cabin, so it was really quite close. We all got settled in, and soon went to bed. My dad, who had is own room, hoped it would stay that way (it did). I watched London pass by out the window for a while, until I could not see for darkness reasons. We seemed to stop a lot in the night; I was often awakened. This was because there were a lot of places that people got off at. Im glad we didnt have to get off at one of those! It was sometimes smooth, and sometimes very, very bouncy. I was awakened by a blinding night in my eyes. We were at a station, and a light was shining in my window. It took me a while, with a lot of ruckus, to close the shade. Claire had also woken up.
Though I had thought it was like one or two in the morning, it turns out we had woke up at about six. I was awakened again later by a knock on the door. Thinking I had imagined it, I didn't do anything. But when there was another knock, I flung open the door to my mom's room, because she had told me to the might before. When I whispered "mom," and then a louder "mom!"no one answered, so I opened the door. Someone handed me a brown paper bag, said "here's your breakfast", and left. My dad was standing behind him, and told me what was happening. It was 7:45! So we had to get up and eat, because out stop was soon.
The scenery was beautiful! It wasn't too hard to get all our stuff packed up, and Inverness, our stop, was the last stop so we didn't have to madly rush off. Once we were off the train, we had to puck up our car, which was at the airport a little while away. My dad and Claire popped in a taxi to get there while Sammie, my mom and I waited at the station. We explored the shops, and got a book on Scottish history.
We were supposed to watch for the car, but we didn't know what it looked like so we couldn't know when it came. Finally, Claire came in to get us, and we were off on a left hand side of the road adventure to our b&b in Kingussie.
Getting on





hard work walking against the strong
wind!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad by Katherine
Location:Ellennabeich Scotland
what an adventure!
ReplyDeletePriceless! Yes, what an adventure. Looks like fun.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear more.
Written by Gaga