Part of my independent study plan for social studies is to make a photo essay and give it to my class. I'm also supposed to give them a French recipe to make and enjoy while watching my photo essay. For my my recipe, I decided to make Tarte aux Pommes, also known as apple tart. For the tart, I was required to have something called puff pastry, which most people just buy because it takes hours (took me 6) to make. I then rolled it out (without a rolling pin-didn't have one in the house) but with a hot-cup. I sliced up apples and put them half way overlapped on the puff pastry. We put MORE butter, and some sugar on top, and put it in the oven. Half way through the baking, I took it out to put more sugar on, and that made it caramelized.
THE TART WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! And it was fun to make.
Rolling out the puff pastry with a thermos

Sealing the butter mixture in the flour mixture

Apples ready to use

Ready for the oven

Yummy baked tart

Starting to eat-look at those 729 layers!!!!!

Yum yum yum!!!!!!!

- Posted by Katherine even if it says Ben
Location:Carrer de l'Aurora,Barcelona,Spain
Oh yum! I want some!
ReplyDelete